Monday, May 26, 2008

My Daily Walk

I came home from my walk today to the perfect cup of coffee. Gotta love that new Tassimo machine. Thanks, Liss!

I see this sight every day on my walk and don't really see it. Today, I thought about all the men and women who lost their lives so that everyone would see this flag, that we would know freedom and peace. Recently, I was remembering my trip to the Philippines in 2002. I had no idea how blessed we were, how much we take for granted, and never appreciated my country so much until that trip. The poverty there is so completely sad. So many of the people there saw coming to the United States as their only means of survival. Their goal was to get here, to make enough money to send home to provide for their families. To save their families, they believed they had to leave their families.


Words to think about today come from Jimmy Carter. I saw this quote on Ali Edwards' blog http://aliedwards.typepad.com/


Peace is more then just the absence of war. People everywhere seek an inner peace that comes from the human rights to voice their views, choose their leaders, feed their families and raise healthy children. Jimmy Carter



This pretty sight on my walk was right in my front yard. I haven't really paid too much attention to my gardening this year. Despite my neglect, there are still some beautiful sights.


One other sight I want to remember from my walk was just the glimpse of a deer as he dashed into some high brush. To me, there is something almost spiritual about deers. I think they are magnificent. Graceful. Quiet. He made my walk even more special today.


I love my walk. I enjoy the sights and this time of the year, I enjoy the sounds. (Although today, it was Madonna that kept my pace on my walk.)


This was only my second attempt at blogging...please excuse my rambling. I will write again soon.


Happy Memorial Day!




2 comments:

Rollie said...

Ramble on Girlfriend!

Nancy, I love how much you think and how deeply you think.

Your humor is great also.

Can't wait to go on more virtual walks with you :)

MelB said...

This is great Nancy!