Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Week in the Life Day #3


I am happy that I could keep up with my commitment to blog my Week in the Life everyday - even though there wasn't much today to blog about. When you work 12 hour shifts, there isn't much day left. This is especially true when you are a little high maintenance and the morning and bedtime beauty routines take so long. I warned a couple of my coworkers that I was bringing my camera to work today. So, I have this picture:


Two of my colleagues collaborating and planning the day. I am not sure if they really didn't see me or if they are hoping that ignoring me will make me go away.
I have this picture:
Two more colleagues - both looking pretty surprised that I am standing there with a camera. If you are wondering about the little garland of leaves to the right of the door, I put them there to hide the identity of the patient in the room. I also hid the names on the computer. I blew them up and you really could tell what they said. So, that just shows how my photography skills have improved!

That was all the photography I had time for during work. That is the life of a nurse - not too much time for anything. I am not complaining. I do feel like I did a little good for some people today and that is what it is all about.

Every day I work, I walk through a hallway that connects two buildings. It is mostly huge windows. Usually, on the way in, there is a beautiful sunrise to my left. Then, on the way home, there is a beautiful sunset to my left. Tonight, when I needed one pretty picture, this was the sunset:
Tonight, the sunset was not such a great photo opportunity.
I took these two architectural photos - one in the lobby of the ceiling and one in the garage. I guess they are intersting...


And, I am getting ready to do it again tomorrow. Right now, I am home and no one wants or needs anything from me. I can just put my feet up.

Except Guinness - he always wants something.
Then, because there is so much beauty everywhere and I didn't share much of it tonight, I thought I would share this picture.

Obviously, I didn't take this today. I took this photo a week ago at the Garden of Sculptures in Hamilton, New Jersey. I just wanted to leave you with something beautiful. Tomorrow may be equally boring but Saturday's photos should be great!

See you tomorrow!

3 comments:

presentpat said...

Isn't the Garden of Sculptures the most amazing place?

Bridget said...

thank god for boring days love reading your blogs

JennV said...

Love the photo of your feet up! Great red toenails!